For homework you are tasked to do the following:
- Visit smarthistory.org. This website is a virtual art history textbook. You can search through it by artist name, artistic movement/time period, or by theme.
- Select three artists/cultures from this site that you think are interesting.
- Select three works, one from each artist/culture you chose.
- Either print these images out and put them into your sketchbook…OR…sketch them directly into your sketchbook.
- Identify the work by providing its title, the name of the artist, and if known, the year it was made.
- Explain to me, in writing, why you find that work interesting.
This is due Monday, 9/11, at the beginning of class. It is a formative grade.
This assignment is rather simplistic and straight forward, which is fine. With elaboration.. reflective writing…maybe additional sketches of close ups or research on the artist…it could be a sketchbook page that could qualify for your Process Portfolio.