So this is our second round of Show Me Something Cool, but this time we get to play around with the textbook!
For homework you are tasked to do the following:
- Open your brand new textbook!
- From the text select three artists/cultures from this site that you think are interesting.
- Select three works, one from each artist/culture you chose.
- You can then do one of several things:
- sketch the images directly into your sketchbook
- find the image on the internet and print copies to attach in your sketchbook
- copy the images from the text (scanning, xerox machine) and then attach the copies directly in your sketchbook
- Identify the work by providing its title, the name of the artist, and if known, the year it was made.
- Explain to me, in writing, why you find that work interesting.
The images for this selection MUST come from the textbook.
This assignment is due Monday, 9/18, at the beginning of class. It is a formative grade.
This assignment is rather simplistic and straight forward, which is fine. With elaboration.. reflective writing…maybe additional sketches of close ups or research on the artist…it could be a sketchbook page that could qualify for your Process Portfolio.