How to Safely Ship a Sculpture
- Bubble wrap. Wrap the top of the sculpture securely in bubble wrap, and secure with tape.
- Prepare your box. Your box should be several inches larger than your sculpture on all sides.
- Place the sculpture and fill in the spaces.
- Optional: double box method.
- Mark the box.
- 1 How are large sculptures transported?
- 2 How is artwork transported?
- 3 How do you transport art pieces?
- 4 How do you pack a moving sculpture?
- 5 How much does it cost to ship a sculpture?
- 6 How do you transport valuable art?
- 7 How do you pack art supplies for a move?
- 8 What is artist tape?
- 9 How do you transport large art?
- 10 How do you move fine art?
- 11 How much does it cost to ship a painting USPS?
- 12 How much does it cost to ship an art print?
How are large sculptures transported?
Large Sculptures Moving
- Disassemble the item if possible. It is always recommended to pack each piece separately for the maximum protection.
- Choose the box of the right size. Take a strong box that is bigger than the packed item.
- Use bubble wrap.
- Fill the empty space.
- Seal the box.
How is artwork transported?
There are many methods of transporting art: paintings carts (for holding framed works upright), padded tables for works that must remain flat during transport, and padded carts for sculpture.
How do you transport art pieces?
Wrap the painting in bubble wrap with the bubbles facing away from, rather than against, the surface. Do not wrap a painted surface in bubble wrap. If the painting is framed, reinforce the frame corners with cardboard. Place the wrapped painting in a slightly larger, sturdy box.
How do you pack a moving sculpture?
Make sure to wrap the entire sculpture in a moving blanket covering the whole length of the piece before securing it in place with packing tape. Using bubble wrap underneath moving blankets will provide the most protection for the statue.
How much does it cost to ship a sculpture?
Shipping a sculpture typically costs between $50-$300 per package, depending on the speed of travel and packing method you employ. Next-day or expedited shipments will cost significantly more than regular ground freight, for example.
How do you transport valuable art?
Cover the face of the piece with another sheet of cardboard. Put another sheet or two of cardboard on each side of the painting to create a stronger foundation and to prevent bending of the artwork. Wrap tape around the cardboard pieces to secure them together.
How do you pack art supplies for a move?
Packing Your Art
- Step 1: Wrap art in stretch wrap — This helps to support the structure, preventing any bending or breaking.
- Step 2: Wrap each piece in bubble wrap to cushion the art from any possible shifts during the move.
- Step 3: Find a cardboard box that fits the appropriate size of your art.
What is artist tape?
Artist tape is specifically designed for painting and other related applications, so it won’t pucker or buckle if you paint over it. And like masking tape, you can find it in many stores. It can also be left on for several days, and it will still come off cleanly.
How do you transport large art?
Wrap Artwork With Paper and Bubble Wrap Never wrap artwork or frames in the newspaper. While it works well for padding, newsprint can leave marks on the artwork. Wrap the packing tape all the way around the frame both lengthwise and widthwise. This will ensure the paper stays in place during the move.
How do you move fine art?
Small mirrors, photographs, and accent art Family photos, small mirrors, and accent art should be individually wrapped in newsprint and bubble wrap before placing them vertically into a cardboard box lined with more bubble wrap or foam padding.
How much does it cost to ship a painting USPS?
How much does it cost to ship a painting? A very small print can cost approximately $5 to ship via USPS.
How much does it cost to ship an art print?
Shipping Art Prints (or other Small, Light, Low-Value Items) Most prints will cost around $5.00 to ship domestically via First Class Package Service and if lost, they can always be reprinted again. Fyi: If your package is over 1 lb, it’s going to be more expensive: That is when the price jumps to around $10 or more.