How to Safely Ship a Sculpture
- Bubble wrap. Wrap the top of the sculpture securely in bubble wrap, and secure with tape.
- Prepare your box. Your box should be several inches larger than your sculpture on all sides.
- Place the sculpture and fill in the spaces.
- Optional: double box method.
- Mark the box.
- 1 How do you ship fragile sculptures?
- 2 How do you ship 3D art?
- 3 How do you wrap a sculpture for moving?
- 4 How are large sculptures transported?
- 5 How much does it cost to ship a painting USPS?
- 6 How do you package unframed artwork?
- 7 How do I ship artwork USPS?
- 8 What kind of wire is used for sculptures?
- 9 How do I ship ceramic figurines?
- 10 How do I figure out shipping costs?
- 11 How do I protect my art for shipping?
- 12 How can I ship art cheaply?
How do you ship fragile sculptures?
For especially fragile works, consider double boxing the sculpture. Pack the first box as described, then prepare a second, larger box with packing materials lining the bottom. Insert the already-packed box containing the sculpture, and fill in any extra space with padding material.
How do you ship 3D art?
Rules of packing 3D objects 3D objects standing on fragile feet should be inverted for safer transportation. Ensure that the load-bearing side of the transported object is not its most fragile side. Packing a single item in two boxes provides much better protection from environmental changes, puncture, and shock.
How do you wrap a sculpture for moving?
Packing statues and sculptures in boxes
- Wrap the upper half of the sculpture or statue twice, all the way around and then seal it with packing tape.
- Then, wrap the bottom half of the sculpture twice as well and seal it with packing tape.
How are large sculptures transported?
Large Sculptures Moving
- Disassemble the item if possible. It is always recommended to pack each piece separately for the maximum protection.
- Choose the box of the right size. Take a strong box that is bigger than the packed item.
- Use bubble wrap.
- Fill the empty space.
- Seal the box.
How much does it cost to ship a painting USPS?
How much does it cost to ship a painting? A very small print can cost approximately $5 to ship via USPS.
How do you package unframed artwork?
Find a box that is a few inches larger than your artwork.
- Take two pieces of cardboard or foam board and cut it down to the inside dimensions of your box.
- Place your artwork inside a sturdy plastic bag to protect against moisture.
- Wrap artwork in at least one layer of bubble wrap, using packing tape to secure it.
How do I ship artwork USPS?
Option One: Hand write or print the customer’s name and address on paper and affix with tape to the box. Have USPS weigh, measure, and print postage label at the post office. Option Two: Use a shipping app like Shippo. Weigh and measure the shipment, and print your own labels at home.
What kind of wire is used for sculptures?
Artists and sculptors rely on premium wire to create intimate wire sculptures and sturdy armatures for ceramics, plaster, and paper sculpture. Most of this wire is aluminum, a lightweight metal known for its flexibility and malleability; copper is a little sturdier but also malleable.
How do I ship ceramic figurines?
Dolls, figurines, ceramics or glass
- Wrap each box or item individually in packing paper (or wrap unboxed figurines in Bubble Wrap®).
- Wrap boxes in Bubble Wrap, paying special attention to the corners and edges.
- Prepare a large box by placing a layer of crushed packing paper at the bottom to pad the box.
How do I figure out shipping costs?
Just weigh the package and use a shipping cost calculator to get a shipping price. If the parcel is small but heavy, get a shipping cost based on dimensional volume which might be cheaper. Remember that when calculating postage by weight, use the total weight of the package and not the weight of the product itself.
How do I protect my art for shipping?
Take a look at these four ways to keep your artwork from being damaged during shipping.
- Wrap the Piece in Acid-Free Paper First.
- Always Use “Fragile” Labels.
- Use Only High-Quality Packing Tape.
- Use GalleryPouch Instead of Bubble Wrap.
How can I ship art cheaply?
USPS is the Cheapest Way to Ship a Canvas or Painting If you’re looking for the cheapest way to ship your hard canvas, the best option is to ship with the US Postal Service. USPS offers the best mix of affordable rates and quick delivery times, as long as your canvas isn’t too big.