Smarthistory.org can be an excellent resource and supplemental tool for your studies.
For this homework assignment, I want you to bump around the smarthistory website and kind of explore what is available to you. As you do so, I would like you to find answers to the following questions. All answers should come from the smarthistory site.
- Find the video on carving jade within the Global Prehistory section. In that video clip, what ancient form is being carved, and what is the meaning of that form?
- According to the entry in the Global Prehistory section, what is the art historical significance of the Apollo 11 stones?
- Use the search function on the website to find “classical orders.” Tell me what the video on the classical orders is about.
- Go through the larger website. Provide for me a url for a portrait that was made during or after the 1500s.
- Go through the larger website. Provide for me a url that is a video for an archeological/architectural site.
- Go through the larger website. Provide for me a url for a page or video that is about a landscape painting.
- Lastly, provide for me a url of something you stumbled across on the smarthistory site that was cool, but was not one of the answers used above.
Provide these answers to me via email: email@example.com. This is a formative grade, due Monday, 9/10, by 11:00 p.m.