For this homework assignment, we are going to continue building our Process Portfolio pages. This will be just like our prior reflection exercise, the one where we had you look back upon the portrait you created.
Reflections on Value Study and Pastel Drawing
For this assignment, I want you to create 1-2 pages (3 if you have a lot to say and plenty of visuals) about each artwork. On these pages, you can talk about or include any of the following things:
- Photographs of your artwork, which may include detail shots
- Photographs of the model, if you had one
- Any progress photos you had (we may have to “re-create” these if you want to use them… from here on out, let’s think about taking photos of you in process)
- Discussion of what it was like to work with your selected medium, which could include what you found easy, what you found difficult, and any tips or techniques that you learned or discovered along the way
- Discussion of what it was like to work with your selected technique, which could include what you found easy, what you found difficult, and any tips or techniques that you learned or discovered along the way
- Discussion of any artistic influences that effected your work
- A description of what you were trying to depict or show with your artwork
- Your judgement of how the artwork turned out (was it successful, where did you fall short, what could you do better, etc.)
- Any potential ideas or goals for future artworks
Note that this is not a definitive list, nor do you have to do everything on the list. These are merely suggestions to help guide you.
What Your Page(s) Must Have
- A title or header, so we know what this page is about
- Something visual on every single page (you can have more than 1 photo per page)
- A border (do not go edge-to-edge with your work)
- Text that demonstrates your thinking and/or reflections
- Citations for any images or quotes that come from someone other than you
- Transcribing of any handwritten text that is in a photo, but is not legible
The images below are a collection of sample Process Portfolio pages, to help work as a guide.
These reflections are due Monday, 1/29, by 11:00 p.m. This is a summative grade. Just have your PowerPoint or Keynote sitting in the shared folder, and I will grade it from there.
My Role in All of This
I am a facilitator and an editor. I can help you if you need access to photos, cameras, or software. I will point out things that are good or bad with your pages. But in the end, this is completely your work and your submission. You have final call when it comes to your Process Portfolio, and assembling it is completely your responsibility. Let me know how I can help so that you can have the best submission possible.