You are to construct an original timeline. The timeline must do the following things:
- The timeline must include the required artworks, artistic periods, and historic dates listed below.
- The timeline must demonstrate the sequential nature of some of these events.
- The timeline must also demonstrate the overlapping nature of some of these events. How you choose to do this is up to you.
- The timeline must include dates/centuries/time markers that place each period and each artwork in the correct time frame. How you choose to do this is up to you.
Your timeline should be clear, concise, and regardless of how it is constructed, submitted electronically through an email or link. PowerPoint, Word document, jpeg file, Prezi, or even an online timeline creator is fine. No hard copies. Your textbook does have a timeline at the end of each chapter, which may be helpful.
This is a formative grade and is due by Tuesday, 1/16, at 11:00 p.m. Your product will be evaluated not only for its thoroughness, correctness, and clarity. Your submission should be sent to my school email: email@example.com.
- Bayeux Tapestry
- Chartres Cathedral
- David, by Michelangelo
- Hagia Sophia
- Lamentation by Giotto
- Lindisfarne Gospels
- Reliquary of Sainte-Foy
- Rottgen Pieta
- Sacrifice of Isaac by Gilberti
- Santa Sabina
- Virgin (Theotokos) and Child between Saints
Required Art Periods
- Late Antiquity
Required Historic Dates
- 325 CE, Council of Nicea
- 1066 CE, Battle of Hastings
- 1337 CE, One Hundred Years’ War begins
- 1492 CE, Columbus
- 1648 CE, Treaty of Westphalia